Friday, July 13, 2012

Zone Conferences - Knee Exercises

In looking over the topics I've posted I've noticed that most of them have to do with our living conditions, where we've been, what we've seen.  There are very few that have to do with actually working with missionaries.  And I guess that's to be expected since it's hard to take pictures of what we do.  If I did, I would have pictures of Spence talking on the phone (not too interesting).  Some of what I do would be working on the computer (doing a Medical Newsletter and not too interesting) or in the Temple since I help officiate there on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (just English speaking missionaries, mind you, and impossible to take pictures.)  
So this is a rare time when I have pictures of  actually interacting with the missionaries.  We've been to two missions lately where they seem to have a lot of problems with their knees.  About half of the missionaries in these missions have mild to moderate and a few, severe, knee pain.  It is one of the main reasons missionaries get sent home early and seems to be made worse by the steep hills and the uneven cobblestones around here.  So at these conferences Elder Jones and Elder Bingham taught the missionaries some exercises to stretch and strengthen their knees.  We hope they'll do them faithfully and eliminate some of  problems.




Okay, the push-ups aren't for the knees....just a little something extra thrown in for good measure!
We love working with the young missionaries!
(And it helps keep Spence in shape... not that he needs encouragement.)

I should add that Spence challenged them to a push up contest.... first 10 (above), then 20 (fewer missionaries), then 30 (only about 5 missionaries).  With the exception of only a few of the atheletes, Spence was able to keep up with all of them.  They had a great time.



No comments:

Post a Comment